Happy New Year! I hope your holiday season has been great and you are ready to get started on another year.
I am more than ready to say goodbye to 2008; it wasn’t such a great year for me, especially losing my Golden Shadow. I had a lot of other stressful events going on and my thyroid and adrenal health haven’t improved. I really hope to change that this year.
I don’t really have any new resolutions to make; I’m just sticking to my regular goals:
* Keep my BGLs at a truly normal level (mid-80s) as much as possible
* Get my A1c back under 5 (I find out tomorrow what my latest test says)
* Keep my weight between 120 & 125 (closer to 120 preferred!)
* Work on treatment for my thyroid and adrenals to reduce pain and fatigue
* Stay active on the Low Carb Diets Forum and here to help others
* Keep experimenting in my kitchen to make new recipes for you!
* Use up older low carb stuff hanging out in my cupboards
* Declutter my house and garage
Okay, so that last one depends a lot on improving my health, which I really hope to achieve this year. This is the last year of my 40s and I would love to feel a lot better in my 50s than I have in my 40s. I’m still reading a lot about thyroid and adrenal health, which I hope will lead to some improvement. My osteoarthritis is getting worse, but getting other things healthy might help there, too. It’s worth a try anyway!
I’m praying for a happier and healthier year, not just for myself, but for all of you, too! 8+)