How do you make quick & easy low carb meals? People are so busy, it’s tempting to just stop at the nearest fast food place, but we can whip up something quickly at home for a lot fewer $$$.
Here are some of the quick meals I make:
* Brown sausage links in a large frying pan; add salt & pepper, a little water, and sliced cabbage; cover with lid and steam until cabbage is soft.
* Put sliced meats and cheese on a low carb tortilla and roll up. You can serve this cold or warm it up to melt the cheese.
* Make a salad with interesting lettuces and veggies, meats, cheeses, olives, avocado, mushrooms, or other low carb items and dressing.
* Whisk 1 or 2 teaspoons glucomannan powder into 1 cup of liquid. See the “Pudding Recipes” category for specific recipes.
* Run hot water over shirataki noodles in a colander to heat, top with a low carb sauce or meat chunks with broth.
* Grill or heat hot dogs or sausage dogs and wrap in a low carb tortilla or cheese slices.
* Spread a low carb tortilla with cream cheese, sprinkle with Splenda & cinnamon, roll up and heat briefly in microwave. This tastes like a cinnamon roll!
* Put a roast and low carb veggies (celery, green beans, cabbage, zucchini, etc.) in a Crockpot with a little water, onion, herbs, and garlic for one meal. Use the leftover juices to make a stew the same way and thicken with guar gum for another meal. This isn’t really quick, but it’s easy! Or follow the recipe for Crock Pot Roast.
* There are many things you can do with eggs: boiled, deviled, fried, omelettes, fritattas, etc.
* Make low carb waffles or pancakes for any meal, top with: peanut butter & sugar-free syrup; strawberries & Low Carb Whipped Cream; make with low carb chocolate chips, topped with Low Carb Whipped Cream; etc.
* Spread sugar-free peanut butter or cream cheese on celery sticks. Add some other chopped nonstarchy veggies such as broccoli and cauliflower with a low carb dip. Add olives and you have your own personal veggie tray!